Franchises of All Time
The Star Trek Films:
(The Original Movies)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
Star Trek Films (original)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) | Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) | Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) | Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) | Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
Star Trek (2009) | Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
Star Trek Into Darkness
Film Plot Summary
Film Notables (Awards, Facts, etc.)
The twelfth film of the entire series - it was a sequel four years after a major relaunch or reboot in 2009 (also with director J.J. Abrams), featuring the same main characters (all new cast members). It reprised Chris Pine as James T. Kirk, captain of the USS Enterprise in the 23rd century, and Zachary Quinto as Mr. Spock. The mission of Kirk and his crew was a manhunt to capture terrorist mastermind John Harrison (Benedict Cumberpatch).
With a production budget of $190 million, with box-office gross receipts of $228.8+ million (domestic) and $465.4+ million (worldwide).
Series-Introduction - Index to All Films | Series-Box Office
- J.J. Abrams InterviewLearn about the new movie from the director
- Damon Lindelof InterviewThe movie's executive producer explains why Trek needed a reboot
- Simon Pegg InterviewLearn about the new Scotty, actor Simon Pegg
- Ultimate Fan QuizTest your Trek trivia with questions from the movies.
- John Scalzi's Trek Cheat SheetCatch up on past movie plots with original Trek Haiku
- Villains Photo GalleryFind out what warped these Trek movie villains
- Aliens Photo QuizSee how well you know the obscure Trek aliens
- Franchise OverviewFilm historian Tim Dirks takes a detailed look at the various entries in the series
- Meet Your MakersCatch up with the careers of the Original Series cast