50 Great and Most Popular Movie Quotes Sections
50 Great Movie Quotes | Most Popular Movie Quotes
Return to Entire Quotes Index
Most Popular Movie Quotes: In the July 30, 2004 article entitled "Now Hear This" of Entertainment Weekly, the magazine provided various lists of the greatest cinema quotes ever. Almost all of the article's selected or honored quotes have already been listed on this site (found within the Greatest Film Quotes page), but not in this particular configuration or grouping. Most Popular Movie Quotes were provided by readers who wrote into the magazine.
(in chronological order by film)
"You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together
- and blow."
"Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea.
They eat their young."
"If I'd been a ranch, they would've named me the Bar Nothin'."
"Fasten your seat belts - it's going to be a bumpy night."
"Stand up. Your father's passing."
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
"What we've got here...is failure to communicate."
"They call me Mister Tibbs!"
1 - "I bet you can squeal like a pig."
"Look how they massacred my boy."
"Is it safe?"
"...You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here."
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning...Smells like victory."
"You're not too smart, are you? I like that in a man."
"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."
"Game over, man! Game over!"
- "Hey! Is this heaven?"
"I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen."
"I'll have what she's having."
"But I'm funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you?"
"Get outta here! And don't come back for five to seven
"Oh, and Senator, just one more thing. Love your suit."
"There are two types of people in this world: those who
like Neil Diamond, and those who don't."
"Oh, for goodness' sakes, get down off that crucifix. Someone
needs the wood."
"Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hold on
"And in the morning, I'm making waffles!"
"Why does it cry, Sméagol?"
- Greatest Films, Greatest QuotesA major compilation of memorable movie quotes (with audio clips) from major movies.
- Common Movie Misquotes"Me Tarzan, you Jane." Nope. "You dirty rat!" Wrong again. Find out what the real quote is.
- Great Opening LinesThe very first words often define the movie. Here are some that did so memorably.
- Great Last LinesThe last thing you hear can make or break a film. Don't believe us? Here's proof!
- Supervillain ThreatsHalf of a bad guy's appeal is the way he verbally taunts the good guy.
- '80s Movie Quotes QuizThe rad decade has plenty of catchphrases and quips. Bueller? Bueller?
- Hilarious Quotes in the Movies QuizSometimes the funniest lines are the inappropriate ones. But who said what?
- The Mafia Movie Quotes QuizSometimes words cut as well as guns in The Godfather, Donnie Brasco, and Carlito's Way.
- Your Favorite Movie QuoteWant to share your favorite movie quote of all time? Now's your chance!