Top 10 Best
From Classic Films
(According to Turner Classic Movies)
Top 10 Best Comedy Movie Lines from Classic Films: These are the top 10 best comedy movie lines from Classic Films, the winners listed in chronological order in a list determined by Turner Classic Movies (TCM) in 2010. You've probably heard many of these memorable lines that have made their way into everyday conversations.
See also the Top 10 Most Famous Movie Quotes according to the Guinness Book of Film, and the Top 10 Best Movie Lines Ever according to Odeon Cinemas, and the Top 10 Greatest American Movie Quotes, according to AFI.
1. "It must have been tough on your mother, not having any children."
2. "You can't fool me! There ain't no sanity clause!"
3. "What do they think I am? Dumb or something? Why, I make more money than - than, than Calvin Coolidge! Put together!"
4. "Well, nobody's perfect!"
5. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room."
10. "I'll have what she's having."
- Greatest Films, Greatest QuotesA major compilation of memorable movie quotes (with audio clips) from major movies.
- Common Movie Misquotes"Me Tarzan, you Jane." Nope. "You dirty rat!" Wrong again. Find out what the real quote is.
- Great Opening LinesThe very first words often define the movie. Here are some that did so memorably.
- Great Last LinesThe last thing you hear can make or break a film. Don't believe us? Here's proof!
- Supervillain ThreatsHalf of a bad guy's appeal is the way he verbally taunts the good guy.
- '80s Movie Quotes QuizThe rad decade has plenty of catchphrases and quips. Bueller? Bueller?
- Hilarious Quotes in the Movies QuizSometimes the funniest lines are the inappropriate ones. But who said what?
- The Mafia Movie Quotes QuizSometimes words cut as well as guns in The Godfather, Donnie Brasco, and Carlito's Way.
- Your Favorite Movie QuoteWant to share your favorite movie quote of all time? Now's your chance!